WHAT HAVE WE DONE TO MAKE IT SAFER FOR YOU TO COME AND SEE US?
As you all know infection control has always been a big priority for us, making us one of the most sterile places to be! In light of the Covid-19 Pandemic we have instituted further protocols to ensure both our patients and our staff are safe.
When making food choices try to keep all sugars and acids to only mealtimes and aim for no more than three to four sugar/acidic attacks per day.
You will see many changes, as we have new ways of scheduling your appointments. First, you will be contacted at least 4 days prior to your appointment via email to complete a set of forms which need to be emailed back to us at least 48 hours prior to your appointment. We will contact you 48 hours prior to your appointment via telephone to confirm your appointment and check your forms have been completed. We will have to reschedule your appointment if we are unable to complete this step. Below is a list of some of the enhanced precautions we have taken to protect you in addition to extensive team training on infection control and patient management procedures:
Below is a list of some of the enhanced precautions we have taken to protect you in addition to extensive team training on infection control and patient management procedures:
- Personalised arrival procedures to guide you from your car to the treatment room to reduce contacting surfaces. Please wait in your car or outside the surgery until you are contacted by the reception team to come into the practice.
- Patients should attend the practice alone unless an accompanying person is essential (Parent, Carer or Comforter). Due to social distancing measures in place, patients or any accompanying persons will not be permitted to wait in the waiting area.
- Removal of magazines and items that can harbour or transfer germs of any kind.
- Installation of sneeze guards at both reception areas.
- Enhanced infection control measures by placing hand sanitisers on entry and exit of the surgery and a requirement for all patients to hand sanitise before and after all appointments.
- Introduced an oral pre-rinse for all patients undergoing aerosol-generating procedures to reduce exposure to germs.
- Installation of Dental Air extraction units designed to remove and filter out potentially harmful aerosols at the source when carrying out aerosol generating procedures, ensuring the safety of our patients.
- Recording temperatures using infra-red thermometers of every patient at the front door prior to entering to the surgery. Should the temperature reading be above 37.5°C appointments to be rescheduled.
- Recording temperatures of every team member each day at the beginning, middle and end of work period.
- Payment via contactless and chip and pin methods to avoid delay.
- Enhanced operatory disinfection procedures of all surfaces before and after all appointments with disinfectants proven to remove any traces of covid-19.
- New enhanced personal protection equipment like visors, gowns, masks for our dentists and nurses to provide barriers against the smallest of germs.
- Longer appointment times for you to prepare and complete all appointment tasks and duties in the safest and most comprehensive manner.
Please feel reassured that your safety is our priority and of utmost importance to us.